Lobbies are Open - We are still practicing social distancing so please use the virtual branch whenever possible. If you need to see a MSR or a loan officer, please call your local branch and schedule an appointment.
Lobbies are Closed - but the credit union is still working for you
For the safety and health of our staff and our members, Synergy FCU will be closing the lobbies at every branch, effective Monday, March 30, 2020, until further notice.
Synergy FCU employees will still be reporting to work and will be available by appointment for things that are essential and cannot be done via the virtual branch. Contact us during normal business hours for any of your financial needs and/or concerns.
Our members' financial wellbeing is very important to us and we will continue to provide the exceptional member service you are used to - it just will be done remotely for the time being.
Your Synergy FCU management team has been meeting daily and brainstorming ways to continue to provide service to our members while keeping everyone safe. Here are solutions to the services we do the most often:
- Deposit checks - use mobile deposit with the free Synergy FCU app, leave the check in the branch drop box (if available), or slide the check under the door. We will be checking the boxes on a continual basis.
- Withdrawal money - use the ATMs. There are 40,000 free ATMs across the US.
- Closing on a loan - we will use DocuSign for the forms.
For any reason - please call us. We want to help. We have a solution for all of your financial needs.
A few helpful links
The next few weeks could be difficult for people, financially. Here are some helpful links - where you can tell us your concerns, ask questions, or learn about some helpful services available to members.
In addition to the safety tips to prevent illness offered by the CDC, we suggest the following financial preparedness tips:
- Enroll in online banking to gain access to your accounts from home, 24/7.
- Get a debit card for your account. You will be able to pay for purchases online or at stores and get cash from the ATM without the need to come into a branch.
- Download the Synergy FCU app. You can deposit checks using the remote check deposit feature.
- Sign up for direct deposit if your employer offers it.
- Use Online Banking to make loan payments.
- Use Online Banking to transfer funds.
- Utilize your computer or mobile device to apply for loans or new accounts.
These simple tips will help you be prepared to access your account and your funds, even if you need to stay close to home.
Let Us Know What You Need
If the spread of coronavirus affects you financially – we are here to help. We know that life happens and when it does, we just need you to get in contact with us so that we can help you figure out a plan. If we don’t hear from you, we can’t work with you, so make sure you keep us informed.
Beware Of Scams
Unfortunately, there are always some individuals who try to take advantage of people’s fears and vulnerabilities. Be on the lookout for sites that ask for personal information in exchange for medical advice, sites that sell products with false claims, and sites that pose as charities. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has some great tips to steer clear of them.
Your Funds Are Safe
We would like to remind you that your deposits at Synergy FCU are safe. Synergy FCU is well-capitalized and financially strong. Further, your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000 and back by the full faith of the United States Government. Additionally, funds at Synergy FCU are also insured by Excess Share Insurance for another $250,000. Read the March 19, 2020 NCUA Press Release.
Thank you for your support of and your membership in Synergy Federal Credit Union. We will face this challenge well-prepared and as a community that looks out for each other, because that’s what partners are for.
If you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com or (210) 750-8333.