July 18, 2018
Gas Pump Skimming and You
When pumping gas, always be on the lookout for vulnerable, older pumps. Newer pumps are highly resistant to skimming, so be on the lookout for some key differences!
Older pumps will have:
- Old membrane style keypad
- Vertical card slot
- Electronics that aren't encrypted
- Easily broken into
On the other hand, newer pumps will have:
- Secure key entry to the pump
- Newer, encrypted travel key entry pad
- Encrypted, horizontal card slot that is chip capable
- Tamper features
Below, you can see an example of an older pump on the top, versus a newer pump on the bottom.
Did you know?
We Sell Stamps
Contact your local branch.