Federal law requires each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion to give you a free credit report every 12 months if you ask for it. They also make it easy to accomplish many credit-related tasks right from your computer.
Review your credit report
What should I look for when I review my credit report?
Make sure that you recognize the accounts and loans on your credit report. Then check that the information on your credit report is correct. If you find information that you believe is not correct, contact the company that issued the account or the credit reporting company that issued the report.
What are the common warning signs for identity theft?
- Credit card charges that you don't recognize
- Calls or letters about things you didn't buy
- Bills that arrive on unusual days
- New credit cards or statements for accounts that you didn't open
- Denials of credit for no apparent reason
- Information on your credit reports you don't recognize, such as accounts or addresses
- Electronic Services
- Preferred Partners
- Additional Services
- Rates & Fees
- Fraud Prevention
Did you know?
We have Free ATMs
There are over 30,000 free ATMs across the United States.