Debit Cards look like a credit card but operates like cash or a personal check. Money is deducted from your Share Draft (Checking) Account, up to the amount you have available.
Debit Cards are a fast and convenient way to access your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are three ways to use your Debit Card.
- It can be used at an ATM to get cash. Withdrawals can be made from either your checking or savings account. The ATMs at Corner Stores are free for Synergy FCU members. And, through the credit union CO-OP network, there are over 30,000 free Shared ATMs across the United States. Find the free ATMs near you with the Shared ATM Locator.
- Your card can be used to make Point-of-Sale transactions (Debit). For example, when you go to a grocery store, restaurant or gas station you can use it for purchases. These transactions will be debited from your Share Draft Account and will require a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- It can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted (Credit). The merchant will treat the transaction exactly like they would treat a credit card transaction. The difference is that the amount of the transaction will be debited from your Share Draft Account and does not require a PIN. There is not a monthly bill or credit card statement to worry about. The transactions will show on your monthly Share Draft Account statement.
To order your Debit Card, you may:
- E-mail us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Member Service Dept at 210-345-2222 or 888-272-8228
- Visit any of our branch locations
Debit Card Rewards
Debit Card Security
Your debit card will be monitored, just like a credit card, for security by Fiserv (partnered with Synergy Federal Credit Union). If the debit card company notices unusual activity on your card, Fiserv will call you to ensure the usage is being done by you. This, hopefully, will be an early warning if you do indeed have fraud happening on your account. If you have any questions about this security process, feel free to call Synergy FCU Member Services at 210-345-2222 or 888-272-8228.
To report a lost or stolen Debit Card - call 888-272-8228 or 210-345-2222 and choose options 6 & 2.
To set or reset your PIN - call 800-992-3808.
Traveling out of the country
If you know you'll be traveling and using your card out of the country, please let us know in advance. Use of your card in a foreign country is one of the security triggers for Synergy FCU cards and your transactions could be denied as a possible security violation. With advanced notice, we can help prevent some or all of those denials. Contact your local branch or call our Member Service Department at 210-345-2222 or 888-272-8228 for travel assistance.
- Electronic Services
- Preferred Partners
- Additional Services
- Rates & Fees
- Fraud Prevention
Did you know?
We have Free ATMs
There are over 30,000 free ATMs across the United States.