At Synergy FCU, we take our members and their families seriously. We have partnered with IDProtect so members and their immediate families can monitor their identities for fraud. This covers your identity against all types of fraud anywhere in the world. On top of monitoring you also get unlimited access to your credit score and credit report, $10,000 of fraud reimbursement coverage, and access to a dedicated fraud specialist if your identity is stolen.
Get Signed Up
1. Call Synergy FCU at 210-345-2222 or 888-272-8228. Choose option 2 for Member Service. Alternatively, you can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. After signing up with Synergy FCU, the member service rep will give you an access code to use for registering online.
3. Register at www.IDProtectMe247.com.
$1.95 per month
Coverage is provided to account holders, joint account holders, and eligible family members. Eligible family members include: spouse, persons qualifying as a domestic partner under the provisions of any applicable federal, state or local law, children under 25 years of age who are residents of the same household, and parent(s) of such natural persons who are residents of the same household.
Each adult over the age of 18 needs to register individually. The primary account holder can register kids under 18 in the Total Identity Monitoring section. People over 18 years old will get a credit report and be able to track what's on it. Kids under 18 won't have a credit report but Total Identity Monitoring will alert you if anyone tries to open credit in your child's name.
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources.
- Debit and credit card registration
- Fully managed Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored.
- Total Identity Monitoring* - continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others.
- Credit Monitoring - daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report.
- Credit Score
- Up to $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage** for expenses associated with clearing your name and repairing damaging credit.
Time is of the essence in discovering identity theft, since the quicker it is discovered, the easier it is to recover from it. Credit monitoring is a critical component in discovering identity theft quickly in order to limit the amount of damage that can be done. IDProtect's Credit Monitoring checks your credit report daily and notifies you by email and by text (if activated) when key changes are detected. You also receive monthly notifications as a reminder that your Credit Monitoring is working for you if you have not received any alerts for the month.
- Triple Bureau Credit Monitoring - Daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
- Credit Score
Total Identity Monitoring
IDProtect provides members with Total Identity Monitoring*. Total Identity monitoring checks the non-credit databases where identity theft would be evident. Identity monitoring will help discover instances of identity theft in children, which will not be uncovered by credit bureaus.
Total Identity Monitoring will run an initial scan following registration and a monthly scan to look for suspicious activity. Simply log in regularly to review your risk level.
If you were paying for the credit union's previous Identity Theft Recovery product, you have automatically been switched to IDProtect. You will continue to pay the $0.95 you are used to and you'll receive a limited amount of the services IDProtect offers. Those include the things you were getting:
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist.
- Identity theft recovery case plan.
- Plus, you'll now get up to $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage**. If you would like to have the Credit Monitoring and Total Identity Monitoring, you'll need to upgrade to the $1.95 service by following the steps above in the "Getting Signed Up" section.
Insurance Product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of the credit union; and not guaranteed by the credit union or any affiliated entry.
*Total Identity Monitoring is powered by Secure Identity Systems and is a part of the IDProtect program. You will not be asked for any additional payment when registering with Secure Identity Systems.
**Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Certificates provided above for each membership program.
- Electronic Services
- Additional Services
- Rates & Fees
- Fraud Prevention
Did you know?
We Sell Stamps
Contact your local branch.