Position: Loan Processor
Location: San Antonio, TX
Position Purpose: Responsible for coding, processing, and preparing all documents necessary for closing consumer loans. Ensures signed loan documents are received. Distributes loan applications to branches as needed. Processes miscellaneous paperwork pertaining to applications, including Title work for secured loans. Maintains files and answers and directs telephone calls. Provides professional service to members.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Assumes responsibility for providing support for all phases of loan processing activities and promotions.
- Process and monitor consumer loan applications and credit card applications from members to ensure their completeness for submission to Loan Officers for formal action. To include the process of payoff quotes, loan payoffs, release of collateral and NADA quotes, and including any other documentation/information deemed necessary to determine the loan decision. Maintain contact with members throughout the loan process. Approve loans within established policies and limits.
- Prepares all necessary documents for closing of any Consumer loan as necessary.
- Process and monitor Life/Disability and Unemployment claims. Process and monitor GAP and secured insurance claims as needed, as well as cancellations.
- Handle issues and monitor any requests from members via Processor email as necessary.
- Process Denial letters and advise member of Actions.
- Process, detect and correct loan portfolio collateral title work or exceptions , ensure proper loan documentation , to include , but not limited to auditing , scanning loan documents, insurance confirmations, and proper loan funding documents.
- Opens and distributes loan department incoming mail/faxes daily.
- Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
- Completes loan-processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
Educations/Certification: High School graduate or equivalent. Remain knowledgeable of any changes in processing and funding guidelines. Annual training for the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, CIP, AML and TIL policies.
Required Knowledge: Understanding of Consumer Loan products and services. Knowledge of loan processing functions and related financial requirements and procedures.
Experince Required: One to two years of experience in a financial institution, preferably in Consumer lending.
Skills/Abilities: Good verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual/Spanish preferred, but not required. Able to operate Computer, email and related computer applications. Well organized.
Please submit a resume and the employment applications by:
- emailing both to email@example.com
- bringing both to a branch
- faxing both to 210-345-2338 or 888-423-3223 or
- mailing both to PO Box 691730, San Antonio, TX 78269